Sunday, July 13, 2008

48th Street

here I am, on street no.48. I know exactly where I am. Have a vague recollection of how I got here. I know where I am supposed to go from here. street no. 48 is the perfect street, yet I know I can stay here forever. I need to move ahead. there is so much comfort here, so much love. Yet some people tell me that I shouldn't be here. They keep saying- There is a better route. But I have seen the other streets, through my binoculars. They don't seem to be good at all. Just 'coz others find that route interesting, doesn't mean I should spend my life there does it? I'm in love with the life here, everyday it seems more and more exciting. I have everything here. And I know I can make this place much better. And I don't mind losing the luxuries of the other street which i have left behind. The other streets have big lights and hoardings, they are wider and more crowded. But street no.48 is just perfect. Moderate lights- enough to see the truth, just enough to see the future too. Its simple, its neat, its exciting, its brilliant. Its everything I want.
And its mine. I don't want to leave street no.48.
48

No comments: